This delicious brunch casserole is certainly something wonderful to wake up to. If you do not desire a lot of garlic, just either omit altogether or reduce the amount. Potlucks are another great occasion for a crockpot casserole recipe like this. Just be sure to grease the crock pot well and cook all night, preferably the full 10 hours so your eggs are not runny.
1-1/2 lb ground beef
1 onion large; finely chopped
2 tbl olive oil or butter
2 garlic cloves; minced
1 can mushrooms sliced; drained; 4 oz
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp oregano leaf
1/2 package spinach chopped; frozen*
3 tbl flour
6 eggs beaten
1/4 cup milk scalded
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese sharp; grated
1. In a skillet, lightly brown ground beef and onion in olive oil; drain well.
(I like to saute fresh mushrooms instead of using canned.)
2. Place in wellgreased crock-pot.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients except eggs, milk and cheese until well blended.
4. Beat eggs and milk together.
5. Pour over other ingredients; stir well.
6. Dust with additional nutmeg.
7. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 10 hours or until firm.
8. Just before serving, sprinkle with grated cheese. 6 to 8 servings (About 2-1/2 quarts)